Himachal Pradesh has ranked #10 in the SKOCH State of Governance 2021 Report Card. It is categorised as a ‘Performer’ state. The Top 5 states are classified as ‘Star States’. States ranked between #6 and #10 are then classified as the Performers.
Himachal Pradesh has made steady progress over the last couple of years, despite a minor dip in ranking between 2019 and 2020. In 2018, the state was ranked at #19, before climbing up to the #15 spot in 2019. A decline of one spot to the #16 rank in 2020 has been brightened up by an impressive rise to the #10 spot in 2020. Himachal Pradesh is quickly catching up to the governance Big Leagues.
The state has done well in several governance sectors in 2021. Himachal Pradesh ranked #1 in Finance & Revenue and #2 in Food & Civil Supplies. The state also bagged the third spot for Animal Husbandry & Fisheries, Education, Tourism & Culture and Urban Development.
Sectors with Maximum Improvement - Himachal Pradesh
Police & Safety
• In eGovernance, Himachal Pradesh has improved its rank from No 9 in 2019 to No 5 in 2021
• In Education, Himachal Pradesh has improved its rank to No 3
• In District Administration, Himachal Pradesh has improved its rank from No 11 in 2020 to No 5 in 2021
• In Health, Himachal Pradesh has improved its rank from No 7 in 2020 to No 4 in 2021
• In Police & safety, Himachal Pradesh has improved its rank from No 9 in 2020 to No 5 in 2021
• In Agriculture, Himachal Pradesh has improved its rank to No 5 in 2021
First Time Participants Getting National Rank - Himachal Pradesh
Ease of Doing Business
Finance & Revenue
Food & Civil Supplies
Animal Husbandry & Fisheries
• Even though participating for the first time, some sectors of West Bengal are ranked in the top positions.
• The state was ranked No 3 in Animal Husbandry & Fisheries, No 1 in Finance & Revenue, No 2 in Food & Civil Supplies, No 3 in Urban Development and No 6 in Ease of Doing Business
Impactful Projects for State of Governance 2021 - Himachal Pradesh
Beacons of Hope Project Link
Assistance to Gausadans, Gaushalas & Cow Sanctuaries- A Step towards Stray Cattle Free Himachal Pradesh
Department of Animal Husbandry, Government of Himachal Pradesh
Inclusion is the first magazine dedicated to exploring issues at the intersection of development agendas and digital, financial and social inclusion. The magazine makes complex policy analyses accessible for a diverse audience of policymakers, administrators, civil society and academicians. Grassroots-focused, outcome-oriented analysis is the cornerstone of the work done at Inclusion.