Pawan Hans Ltd (PHL) was incorporated in 1985 with Primary objectives to provide helicopter services to E&P sector, connecting inaccessible and hilly areas and chartering to promote tourism. Presently 51 per cent share holding of Pawan Hans is with Government of India (GOI) and 49 per cent is with ONGC. PHL is India’s largest helicopter operator with 46 own helicopters, consisting of 35 Dauphin N&N3, 8 Bell 206,407 & B-3, 3 MI 172 helicopters and 7 helicopters under O&M contract.
PHL has witnessed complete turnaround with a significant improvement in overall performance under all parameters during the period 2012-13 and registered a net profit of Rs 117 million against a net loss of 103.5 million in 2011-12. PHL has registered ever-highest operating profit of Rs 730.3 million in 2013-14 and further recorded Rs 525.7 million of operating profit during first six months of FY 2014-15. PHL paid a dividend of Rs 23.3 million in 2012-13 after a gap of three years to GOI and ONGC and declared Rs 77.1 million of dividend for 2013-14. Fleet serviceability increased from 81 per cent to 83 per cent resulting in highest ever deployment towards optimal utilisation of helicopters and human resources in the company.
- Credit rating of PHL has been upgraded to IND A+ from IND A in 2012-13.
- Implemented Safety Management System (SMS) with the objective to achieve zero accidents, zero defects and zero breakdown resulted huge saving of Fleet insurance premium.
- Productivity per employees increased from Rs 4.43 million in 2011-12 to Rs 5.89 million in 2013-14.
- Performance under MoU parameter improves from ‘Fair’ in 2011-12 to ‘Very Good’ in 2013-14.
- Use of Video Conferencing to reduce travelling expense.
- Young Pilots were recruited under Learn, Earn and Grow scheme to bring down cockpit cost resulting in saving of Rs 73 million in 24 months.
For this, Pawan Hans has recently been recognised for its Overall Operational Excellence and Sustainable Business Performance at various forums.
- Helicopter Services to offshore exploration sector
- Regional and Remote Connectivity
- Heli Pilgrimage Tourism
- Relief & Rescue Operation
- Medivac/HeMS Helicopter Services
- Inter Island Connectivity
- Creation of Maintenance Centre/MRO
- Sea Planes and Fixed Wing operations